Tuesday, May 28, 2013

ZLs Take Over


May 28, 2013

 Dear Family:

Hey! Well Elder Feist and I have had a pretty good week. I need to say sorry about last week and my super lame letter. I was in a really bad mood because my ZL's were being difficult. They crashed their truck and so they made other elders give them a ride everywhere all of P-day and they pretty much ruined my whole P-day and it made me pretty mad. So I just didn't have much to say, sorry ha. They tried to do it to us again this week so I called them and told them it was somebody else’s turn to be burdened by their mistake, and then some other things. So I kinda had a Sharee moment that she told me about in her last letter when she talked to Mr. Price. Maybe our last name is Wood? It’s ok though, they were exercising unrighteous dominion and taking advantage of the dumb missionaries that aspire to be mission leaders so it’s not like they can do anything about it anyways. They don't have the ability to hold my Driver’s License back. So Mom I am wondering what it is called when you get vertigo really bad because you have those rocks loose in your ear? Sister Snow sounds like she is having the same problem she just doesn't know what to tell her doctor it is.

So Monday after I sat in my apartment doing nothing all day we went and had a picnic for dinner with some ward members so it was fun and we got to throw the football with the kids a little bit. After that we went and taught a recent convert lesson to Char and Isaac. Right after the opening prayer I got a bloody nose. I didn't have a lesson set up with Elder Feist cuz it was P-day I just had a couple things in mind I was going to do. So he ended up teaching his first lesson by his self, on my way to the bathroom I told him to flip to Exodus 20 and read it so he got it figured out. I felt bad though cuz we were at the Drake family's house and the kids were being crazy. After I helped Isaac and the Drake’s son with their pinewood derby cars. The Drake’s son took first place by the way, so that was pretty fun. I wanted Isaac to win, but his car was shaped to un-aero dynamic.

Tuesday Elder Feist told me I talk in my sleep a lot. He said he thinks I talk for a while cuz the alarm doesn't wake him up in the morning and it would take me a minute of talking to wake him up. I guess the first time I kinda freaked him out ha which I think was last week. Monday night I guess I sat up and said something about the atonement like I was making the person I was talking to sound dumb and then I rolled over frustrated like. Also on Tuesday I destroyed my comp in getting “wife points” and “Bettys”. I dunno if I told you guys about that or not. We play a lot of different games all day to keep it fun. Bettys are PT-Cruzers because someone’s investigator named Betty had one and something. Anyways there is a ridiculous amount of them in Hemet and San Jacinto. We probably see like 20 a day. They are all worth different amounts of points. Solid colors are all the same points, black Bettys you have to say Blama Lama Lam after so it sounds like the song. Flames, Woodys, convertibles, and other things are all worth like 3 times as much. So that keeps it fun. It is ok though because he destroyed me the next day when he called out a white stretch Betty. I dunno who would even want to buy a limo Betty, but there is one! Wife points are a lot of things, but mostly just sprinklers that didn't go back into the ground and the first one to push it down gets it. I think we had two bike run-ins this week because of them this week. But no crashes, neither of us went down haha.

Wednesday I finally got in contact with Susan again. We are still on good terms but she just thinks with this new business she is trying to start she doesn't have time to meet with us or go to church. Our “team up” for our lessons that night (Alfonso Castillo) offered me a job for when I get home ha. He is a salesman I guess and he likes RM's because they are good teachers and can describe the product well and stuff. I don’t really know what exactly he does though, pretty much sells like different insurances I guess and maybe 401k's? I dunno, it would be something I could do at school if it actually sounded like a legit job, but not enough that I would do it in the summers or before college. I think I still want to try and get my CDL when I get home. So I told him I would let him know when I got home, he is moving to Provo anyways, so it’s not like it would be hard to get in contact.

Thursday we had a lesson with our new investigator Charlotte Cross. She enjoyed the restoration but had a lot of questions. So that is awesome. She went to our last baptism with a friend from our ward so that is how we got in contact with her. She came to church yesterday. We committed her to be baptized and she said yes, so all I have to do is keep helping her along. We also had a lesson with Robert and Laura. Robert didn't really agree with me about prophets and the restoration. I ended up using a lot of things out of the bible and it helped him a lot. I surprised myself with the things I was using and decided Elder Allen helped me out a ton there. So Brett, in reply to your last letter, my interest in The Bible doesn't have to do with bashing, it is for situations like that. Bashing around here isn't actually that common. It’s not really a problem here. If I went to a nicer place like Murrita I guess it is a lot more common. A lot more educated people. There is actually a Bible college there so I guess it gets pretty bad. People come after the missionaries just for the fun of it there. But that is getting cut out of the mission here after this transfer so I don't have to worry about it there hopefully.

Friday we ate with the Greathouse’s so that was fun. They have one or two friends they want us to teach we found out about so that is cool. We had a lesson with Gary and taught him the restoration and he liked it.

Saturday we helped Robert and Laura move. That turned out to be super nasty. There were some dust bunnies in there I thought that were going to come alive. It didn't look like they had really cleaned in there for a while. The back yard was pretty bad too. They are the kind of people who won’t ever throw anything away. There was this couch in the back with mouse poop all over and he still had us put it in the moving van. He said it can be cleaned.

Sunday was good. It was the first time in my mission I could just sit back and enjoy the whole time. That and worry about my investigators. It was nice. No talks, no teaching class. I liked it.

I guess last night in my sleep I sat up yelled "Silence is golden Nathan! Go back to bed!" I think it is kinda fun now I have somebody that remembers what I say ha. Well got to go! I'm way over time ha. Love ya!
- Elder Wood