Monday, August 5, 2013

Short but Sweet


August 5, 2013

Dear Family:

 

Whoops!!......Well you guys are going to be upset with me! it is 5:52pm and I have dinner at 6 so I don't have long to write a letter! It has been a crazy day ha. We spent a long time at P-day activity and then Elder Spencer wanted to go to the mall here in Riverside. We ended up being here all day cuz this mall is sick! I am used to the one in Hemet though with only 4 or 5 stores. it probably isn't any better than some of the ones in Utah. That and it took forever to get a library card. Everything is awesome here. This probably would have been one of my longest letters I have a ton to talk about. To shorten it up I am in the Canyon Crest Ward in the Riverside Stake. Check out its boundaries and then look at it on Google Earth. I cover the north side from Central down to Allesandro. It is one big hill. Look at Canyon Crest Street and you will probably be able to see what I mean. My suspicions were right about what needs to be done in this ward. We have no investigators and nothing has been done in this ward for a while, just like my last area. I am ok with that though, keeps me working hard. Missionary work is different here though. This is a super nice area with a lot of money. In Hemet I could pick up a investigator on the street every day if I tried hard enough. Right now we are trying hard for referrals and part member families. I like it here though. Well that is all I have time for this week. I got to see Jessie Jorgensen on Tuesday, he is in my mission now.  I will tell you the story next week it is kinda funny. Sorry for the short letter, I will make up for it next week. Love ya bye!

Elder Wood