Monday, January 12, 2015

One More New (Old) Companion


January 12, 2014 

Dear Family: 

Monday was awesome!! In the morning we went to the Wheat's and cooked breakfast with Steve. Then we went bowling with Mike. I am having him bring some stuff up to Brett. Well actually I still need to have Mike text Brett and see if that is ok, but I am hoping it is haha. It will save me some money! We went to FHE that night.  

Tuesday we taught Vanessa.  

Wednesday we had exchanges. I was in the area with Elder Guigure. He is from Oklahoma and is pretty fun. We had a good time and some good lessons. We taught Tyler about temples. I don't think I told you about the other lesson we had before that with Tyler but he is also excited to share the gospel. He is also really excited about the temple. He is going to go tomorrow (Tuesday) to do baptisms with the YSA ward. We also saw Litza and some other key investigators. 

Thursday we saw Aolani. Sadly I think we might have to drop them. The mom is holding them back from coming to church. She won't let us get them a ride. We will give them just a little more time.  

Friday I had exchanges as well. We pretty much have exchanges twice a week for the rest of the transfer. I went into the other area with Elder Reyes. We made sushi for lunch! It was super good. We even made a volcano role cuz we had so much. It was a half day exchange though because we had a baptism! We exchanged back so we could fill the font and prep and stuff. Tyler showed up an hour early so we just hung out with him for a bit and talked about stuff. He asked me to baptize him. I wanted a fellowship to do it, I pushed it that way but that's not what he wanted. I was more than happy to do it though! Tyler is the best! The service was the greatest. I accidentally baptized him  backwards (wrong arm) so I had to do it again haha. I got all the way out of the fount and had to get back in.  

Saturday was normal. We had service and some good lessons. 

Sunday was crazy!! Tyler also asked me to confirm him. Then I actually gave a talk in church about the Holy Ghost. after church we gave Tyler the Priesthood. In the Auburndale Ward we picked up 2 new people. Before we could even say much they asked us what they had to do to be baptized. I think I finally figured out how to keep things going on like that. I did it in my first area and then couldn't do it after that until now. We had a meeting with the Stake President,  dinner, and then some lessons. Well I am out of time! Sorry it is so short and little detail! You can ask more in a few weeks I guess!!

Love ya bye! 
 

Elder Wood
 

P.S. Also the best part of the week I have a new companion! His name is Elder Larson and we have been comp before haha. His comp just went home today so he is in a trio with us until I go home! I am super excited for that!